Assistant Content Marketing Manager
Date of Posting: July 19, 2017
Position: Assistant Content Marketing Manager
Job Summary: Responsible for digital marketing, acquisition and optimization for Dx3
Location: Toronto, ON
Dx3 is Canada’s largest event dedicated to the national digital marketing community. Producing an annual event every March, Dx3 hosts 4000+ of Canada’s digital marketers from retail, CPG, technology, telecommunication, professional services, and publications.
This role is ideally suited to someone who is looking to move into a junior management role and to take on some responsibility for both the marketing budget and strategy as well as timely and accurate fulfillment. You will be working with a small team of of dedicated event specialists and will need to be able and willing to turn your hand to many different tasks on any given day.
The ideal candidate must be capable of assisting in the development of a full marketing strategy incorporating owned, earned, paid and shared media as well as delivering on the plan at the tactical level. The candidate must have experience designing and managing owned media assets such as company website, newsletter and blog with specific emphasis on e-commerce conversion, as well as have the ability to manage agency partners.
This position is ideal for the experienced tactical marketer looking for the opportunity to take the next step: develop your own acquisition strategy as well as execute on it.
- Execute attendee acquisition marketing strategy for Dx3: manage, measure, analyze and change
- Responsible and accountable for attendee acquisition and ticket revenue targets
- Responsible for budget allocations and monthly reconciliation of digital marketing spend
- Responsible for website, blog and social media accounts
- Improve website usability, design, content and conversion
- Responsible for all of Dx3’s Social Media accounts – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube – including strategy and production
- Manage agency and PR relationships for paid and earned media
- Source and manage partnerships with associations, media, publications and other events.
- Dx3 event updates, email newsletter production, distribution and readership growth for the benefit of event attendance and ticket sales
- Dx3 Blog + Newsletter production, content strategy, editorial calendar, distribution and readership growth for the benefit of the publication reach
- Email planning and development for critical event communication for all stakeholders: attendees, sponsors and speakers
- Analyze and report on all key performance indicators across digital properties to extract maximum value
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Superior knowledge in WordPress, Mailchimp, Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of social media marketing
- Experienced with Adobe Creative Suite with excellent graphic design skills
- Knowledge of HTML
- Goal oriented and structured with the ability to organize high volume of tasks to achieve objectives
- Proven ability to bring great ideas from inception to full execution, including measuring results
- Strong analytics skills with experience building and managing scorecards/dashboards
- Expert at identifying trends in web data, drawing conclusions and making actionable recommendations
- Organized and process driven
- Self-starter with demonstrated strong planning and project management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Strong sense of ownership, positive attitude, drive and enthusiasm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience managing and executing digital marketing campaigns for e-commerce or similar transactions
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years of related work experience
- Proven track record in developing digital marketing strategy, excellent understanding of web technologies, exposure and passion for social media, SEM/SEO, digital content and performance display
- Proven track record of delivering exceptional and measurable performance results through digital marketing efforts
- Experience working with agencies including briefing, campaign management and campaign optimization
- Experience with brand management and community development on social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube
- Proven experience in analyzing performance using Google Analytics and social analytics tools
If interested please send CV to email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those we wish to interview will be contacted.